Cell phones have become an essential part of our life that we can never be away from it for even a FEW SECONDS. However, let’s take a step back and see what we can do to help ourselves to use our cell phones for the better of eye health! Here are some quick tips and advice to protect your eyes when using a smartphone:
1. Adjust the Brightness – If you’re squinting too much, lower the brightness of your screen to prevent your eyes from straining.
2. Keep the Right Distance – Keep your phone almost around 16 inches away from your eyes, it helps to reduce the amount of eye strain you would feel if you are planning to use it for long hours.
3. Night mode/ blue light filter – Night mode uses warmer colours that can reduce the amount of blue light rays that comes off from your screen. This eases the eyes and reduces the stress on them.
4. Manage screentime – Follow the 20/20/20 and look away for every 20 minutes at something that’s 20 meters away from you for 20s.
5. Blink More – Blinking would moisten your eyes thus easing the eyes from the radiation strain that it has been experiencing while you were staring at your phone.