Blueberries are believed to have one of the highest antioxidant levels of all common fruits and vegetables. Aside from it being so sweet and tasty and delicious, there are so many benefits of consuming blueberries. Here are some fantastic health benefits of blueberries :
1. Low in calories – It is low in calories but high in fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K.
2. King of antioxidants – It has the highest antioxidant capacity of all the popular fruits and vegetables.
3. Protects us against cancer – Blueberries could help reduce to DNA damage, which is a leading driver of aging and cancer.
4. Improves vision and memory – The antioxidants in blueberries seem to benefit your brain by aiding brain function and delaying mental decline.
5. Lowers blood pressure – Consuming 50g of blueberries a day is proven to lower blood pressure by 4-6%.
Are your cereals too bland? Add some blueberries in them to kick start your mornings!